Senior Officer – Medical Logistics
Save The Children Bangladesh invites interested and potential candidates to apply for the above-mentioned position. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. Minimum requirements will be flexible for the potential female candidates.
The Senior Officer- Medical Logistics is responsible for the pharmacy/ medical supplies store set up and management to ensure that the clinic sites have uninterrupted access to appropriate drugs and medical supplies. S/he oversees the implementation of GDP, Bangladesh, and SCI drug formulary and its related pharmacological activities, and analysis of medical stocks. The incumbent regularly visits the health facilities, monitors, and takes part in proper budgeting, supports in tracking the pharmaceutical expenses, plans procurement activities and distribution, and coordinates with the Global medical team, SCI partner organizations, Health Post (HP) Team Lead, and Manager - Clinical Supervision to ensure enough stock of medicine & pharmaceuticals as well as smooth and uninterrupted operation. Under the overall guidance of the Manager- Health Program and the day-to-day supervision of the Physician, the incumbent is responsible for effective deliverance of pharmaceutical services. S/he ensures timely availability of medicines and related supplies in a cost-effective manner and remains directly responsible for procurement/ purchase of all medicines, diagnostics equipment, and medical supplies for SC health facilities in Rohingya response.
Qualifications and experience
- 04 years' work experience in a relevant field, preferably in primary and emergency healthcare
- An understanding of medical equipment & its utilization by field health teams in the operational context of non-profit health programming
- Skills on developing dispensing, capacity building & mentorship skills of medicine management
- Knowledge of Materials Management, Supply Chain Management, and Contracts Management
- Advanced knowledge on Bangladesh EPI program and cold chain management of vaccines & related cold life items
- Demonstrated ability of standard report writing, intermediate computer operation, and good communication skills
- Excellent team-building and interpersonal skills, and ability to work in a multicultural team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy/ Pharmaceutical Management or relevant discipline
- Must have a valid A-Category Registration certificate from Bangladesh Pharmacy Council
Contract Type: Regular
Job Location: Cox’s Bazar
Number of Vacancies: 1 (One)
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interview
‘Save the Children promotes diversity in its workforce’
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Date advertised: 12 Oct 2021
Closing date: 23 Oct 2021 - 23:59 +06
Location: Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh
Department: Programme Operations
Type: PermanentSchedule: Full-time