Health Technical Advisor
The Health Technical Advisor will provide clear strategic direction for the delivery of the Health programme for Save the Children’s Rohingya Response in Cox’s Bazar, working closely with the other TAs and cross-cutting Departments e.g. Gender, MHPSS, MEAL, Field Coordination to ensure an integrated programmatic response.
The Health TA will ensure that the delivery of primary health care interventions are of a quality standard by working closely with the Dhaka-level HNHIV Sector Director and Senior Advisor-Health & Nutrition when requirement. The Senior Health Program Manager will work alongside the Health Technical Advisor to support on the delivery of the health strategy, to ensure clinical staff are trained, monitored and well being considered.This role will report to the Deputy Team Leader – Programme Development and Quality (PDQ) and work closely with the Country Office Director - Health, Nutrition and HIV Sector, and Senior Advisor-Health& Nutrition, based in Dhaka to ensure that MOHFW guidelines and protocols are followed by the medical teams.This role will also involve representation of the organisation in various forum including Health Sector Working Group, Health SAG and the SRH working group at CXB level.Proposal development and ensuring donor compliance is also a critical element of this role.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Oversight of quality of Health response
- Represent Save the Children with relevant coordination structures, including the Health SAG, health sector working group and other relevant forum
- Experience in health information management systems Maintain oversight of the health programme data and ensure that all reporting requirements (internal and external) are met with timely and quality data.
- Lead on proposal development funding opportunities, working closely with relevant TAs, cross-cutting sectors, MEAL, Country Office Director - HNHIV Sector, and Senior Advisor-Health& Nutrition, and Senior Programme Managers
- Ensure integration of SCI’s Common Approaches into SCI Rohingya Response Health programme
- Lead on development and implementation of the Health programme strategy and feed into the overall SCI Rohingya Response strategy in close coordination with other TAs, Country Office Director - HNHIV Sector, and Senior Advisor-Health& Nutrition, Senior Leadership and Operations.
- Actively engage in producing high quality reports alongside Awards, Programme Operations and other team members
- Advocacy at local level and national level jointly with Country Office Director - HNHIV Sector, and Senior Advisor-Health& Nutrition.
- Work with the MEAL team to develop and operationalise quality benchmarks including beneficiary feedback mechanisms and accountability to the communities, being mindful of cultural norms and practices.
- Work with clinical supervisors to ensure that the Quality Assurance Scorecard system is being implemented and followed up on when necessary
- Development of technical guidelines, SOPs, ToRs etc. for a humanitarian response in line with national standards wherever available
Capacity Building and Training
- Revise and deliver inductions for new starters with the Health Senior Programme Manager, and ensure that staff development and capacity building is a key element of staff working.
- With the Senior Health Program Manager and clinical supervisors identify learning and training opportunities for clinical staff.
- Mentor the Senior Health Program Manager and Health Information Manager to ensure delivery against their TORs.
- Be flexible to take other roles when required including Operational roles
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
All children learn from a quality basic education and that, Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Date advertised: 8 Sep 2019
Closing date: 23 Sep 2019 - 23:59 +06
Location: Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh
Department: Programme, Development and Quality
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time