Executive Assistant (National Candidates Only)
The Executive Assistant works directly with the Regional Director (RD) to support the senior leadership team in Asia regional office. This includes maintaining organizational management processes, systems and procedures. This would require frequent interactions with ARO SMT members, Country Directors and key stakeholders in SCI Head Quarter.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Support on Systems and Processes
- Develop presentations and other documents for Regional Director
- Managing all Senior Management Team tracking tools and ensuring that the relevant action trackers are rigorously followed up
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly Regional Director reports and updates to Region, Country Offices and Head Quarter
- Preparing for the senior meetings, including Regional Team meetings, Senior Management Team meetings with a full pack of updates/pre-reads from different departments; including progress made against various action plan trackers
- Also take lead in coordination of all these meetings, preparing the agenda and taking minutes and actions
- During a Crisis, serve as the Information Coordinator for the Crisis Management Team (CMT) including ensuring the right CMT protocols are followed, taking minutes and coordinating actions
- Ensuring all the documents that come for RD sign off, have all necessary supporting document. In case some documents are missing then follow up with the relevant department and ensure that all compliance requirements for a sign off are fully completed
- Preparing occasional correspondence with external actors for the RD
- Ensuring that all relevant documents and program updates are furnished in advance for any internal and external meetings that RD attends
- Ensures that minutes, papers, action points and notes from meetings are collected, compiled and centrally filed both in soft and hard copies
- Ensure RD’s calendars are well managed and updated regularly, provide necessary support for travels, meetings, expense management, Effort reporting time sheets and other administrative tasks etc.
- Travel to oversee and support relevant meetings and events when required
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration, salary expectations, notice period and visa status in your country of work. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
Closing Date for Application: 20 September 2019
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Date advertised: 5 Sep 2019
Closing date: 20 Sep 2019 - 21:59 +06
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Department: Business Support
Type: PermanentSchedule: Full-time