Digital Content Officer (National Contract)
The Digital Content Officer will be part of a small Bangkok based team responsible for supporting campaigning through digital platforms across three of Save the Children’s country programme offices – Myanmar, Thailand and Sri Lanka. This role will design engaging content which supports MST country office campaigns to achieve policy change and/or influence public behaviour which can improve the lives and uphold the rights of children. They will do this in line with the Country Office’s strategic priorities and related advocacy, campaigns and communication strategies. They will also support country office teams create localised, engaging digital content and strategies in line with Save the Children’s global campaign priorities. The role holder will be a digital superstar who understands the latest digital trends and will be able to take their knowledge and work with country office digital teams to make Save the Children the leading digital voice in our markets, capable of influencing positive change for children. The Digital Content officer’s duties will be to create innovative and effective digital content through film, graphics and photo stories that move audiences to take action to protect children’s rights across the MST cluster. They will be capable of independently producing a range of multimedia content for use across several social media platforms – and they will do this through programme visits throughout the year and through content generated by in-country communications teams.
- Support the design and digital delivery of Save the Children's priority campaigns in Myanmar, Sri Lanka and Thailand, including collection, development and co-ordination of digital content across all social media channels.
- Develop engaging digital multimedia content for use in campaigns that engage young people on issues that matter most to them.
- Support digital content requests from global or regional campaign and comms teams.
- Support ‘reactive digital campaigning’ in response to new incidents and events as required, in line with global and regional guidance with a focus on priority issues.
- Help establish monitoring and evaluation mechanisms for digital performance, focusing on priority campaign issues. ensure that implementation and impact are effectively monitored and evaluated, and lessons documented and shared.
- Develop and design of engaging, digital content across all three country offices to support priority campaigns. Includes video production, photo stories, graphics etc.
- Execute occasional content collection visits to all three country offices to support major digital campaigns in line with country office priorities, or those linking with global campaign priorities.
- Request multimedia content from country teams to support building of digital campaigns.
- Support country offices to develop their own regular digital content and posting schedules.
- Help build the capacity of country office teams to maximise the effectiveness of digital platforms for campaign purposes.
- Support sign off on weekly social media content plans from country offices, raising any issues with Digital Manager.
- Support digital marketing strategy to achieve significant audience growth across key digital channels
- Work with local digital teams to develop regular reporting on digital performance using platform analytics. Develop performance targets and produce monthly reports to Digital Manager
- Establish and manage social listening across all three markets, focusing on increasing opportunities to speak out on priority issues – and as an early warning mechanism to manage risks.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration, salary expectations and notice period. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
Closing Date for Application: 21 July 2019
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Date advertised: 11 Jul 2019
Closing date: 21 Jul 2019 - 10:59 +06
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Department: Advocacy, Campaigns and Policy
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time