Deputy Director – Program Implementation, MaMoni MNCSP (Re-advertise)
Save the Children invites applications for the above mentioned position for MaMoni Maternal and Newborn Care Strengthening Project (MaMoni MNCSP). Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. Minimum requirements will be flexible for the potential female candidates.
This position will provide strategic and technical leadership to the MaMoni MNCSP Cox’s Bazar and Bandarban team for adaptive management of district level implementation. His/her prime role is to establish and maintain a healthy partnership with the MOH&FW counterparts, as well as other stakeholders active at the regional/district level. S/he will oversee the project implementation, monitor and track progress (including financial progress) of regional/district teams as well as PNGOs and ensure the accountability of regional and district level project staff on their day-to-day activities. S/he will be the focal point for channeling all technical inputs from the MNH and QI team, MEL team and Advocacy, Communications and Community Engagement teams to the respective districts.
The Deputy Director will coordinate with key GoB counterpart officials, NGOs, private sector, Local Government bodies, elected representatives, professional associations and local elites and support teams to facilitate smooth implementation at the district and sub-district levels. S/he will be the budget holder and responsible for overall staff management, operations, partner management, financial and program reporting at regional and district level.
Qualifications and experience
- At least 7 years’ experience in MNH program, especially experience in engaging and working with GOB and NGOs including 3 years’ experience in management positions.
- Ability to work in highly complex environment and deliver results in high pressure situations
- Proven experience of leading and managing a large team with aptitude to work independently
- Experience of working in clinical settings, health facility level would be added advantage.
- Efficient decision making and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Good networking and negotiating skills
- Ability to travel to field (more than 60% of time)
- Fluency in Bangla and English, both written and verbal
- Master’s Degree, preferably in Public Health/Social Science or relevant discipline
Contract length: Regular
Job Location: Cox’s Bazar
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Only short listed candidates will be invited for interview
‘Save the Children promotes diversity in its workforce’
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Date advertised: 18 Nov 2021
Closing date: 27 Nov 2021 - 23:59 +06
Location: Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh
Department: Programme Operations
Type: PermanentSchedule: Full-time