Save the Children invites applications for the above-mentioned position. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. Minimum requirements will be flexible for potential female candidates.
The Lab Assistant works as a part of 24/7 Primary Health Care Center (PHCC) and is responsible for supporting the implementation of the laboratory setup within the Primary Health Care Center (PHCC) in the Rohingya Refugee at Camp-21, Teknaf Upazila in Cox’s Bazar district. S/he oversees the delivery of high-quality laboratory service in the 24/7 PHCC. S/he also assists in optimizing laboratory equipment storage condition and organization to ensure safety and effectiveness of laboratory supplies as well as supports in the implementation of the laboratory management system including proper supply flow, usage recording and reporting, buffer stocks, and alert levels monitoring, tagging and management in order to avoid stock-out. Within the capacity of the job role, s/he ensures safer usage and management of laboratory supplies and maintain a proper record in daily/weekly tally sheets as well as prepare reports on stock checks and contribute to producing supply requests as per demand.
Qualifications and experience
- 02 years’ clinical experience in lab assistance or relevant position(s), preferably in humanitarian response program
- Basic knowledge of health programs and/or services and understanding of laboratory operations in health care facilities
- Knowledge and experience of working in the field and medical emergency department
- Good communication, coordination, team management, and other organizational skills
- Willingness and ability to work in a high-risk work environment in this pandemic context
- Ability to speak and understanding Chittagonian/ Rohingya dialect would be of added advantage
- Diploma in Medical Technology or similar subjects
Contract length: Up to December 31, 2021
Job location: Teknaf
No. of vacancies: 01 (One)
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interview.
‘Save the Children promotes diversity in its workforce’
We need to keep children safe, so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Date advertised: 7 Oct 2021
Closing date: 23 Oct 2021 - 23:59 +06
Location: Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh
Department: Programme Operations
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time