Emergency Preparedness Advisor
We are recruiting for an Emergency Preparedness Advisor to lead global preparedness processes and activities to help ensure our capability to respond to humanitarian crisis across the world, with speed, efficiency and quality.
You will push the preparedness agenda across our members and countries and seek constantly to improve understanding of, and buy-in, to preparedness. You will support countries and regional teams to help them develop Early Action plans and advocate for ‘no-regret’ implementation of these plans when humanitarian crises are likely to occur. You may also be required to provide direct support to humanitarian responses.
In order to be successful you will bring/be:
- Field–based humanitarian experience gained within multiple emergency response contexts
- Thorough working knowledge of emergency preparedness approaches and activities, as well as Early Action planning
- A clear thinker who remains calm and focussed when working under pressure, with experience in delivering results in exceptional circumstances
- A demonstrable ability to engage and influence senior decision makers at all levels of organisation
- An evidenced ability to drive continuous improvement and develop new ways of working
- A flexible/adaptable working style and the ability to work effectively in often ambiguous situations
This role could be based in any existing Save the Children location.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Date advertised: 26 Nov 2019
Closing date: 12 Dec 2019 - 05:59 +06
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Department: Programme Operations
Type: PermanentSchedule: Full-time