Digital Manager (National Contract)
The Digital Manager will lead a small Bangkok based team responsible for supporting digital platforms across three Save the Children country programme offices – Myanmar, Thailand and Sri Lanka. This role will design and help implement a creative and effective digital strategy to support advocacy for policy change, public engagement and mobilisation – and behavioural shifts which improve the lives and uphold the rights of children. They will do this in line with the Country Office’s strategic priorities and related advocacy, communication and campaign strategies. They will also support country office teams create localised, engaging digital content and strategies in line with Save the Children’s global campaign priorities.The role holder will be a digital superstar who understands the latest digital trends engaging audiences across the region. They will be able to take their knowledge and work with country office digital teams to make Save the Children the leading digital voice in our markets, capable of influencing positive change for children.
- Support the design and delivery of Save the Children's priority campaigns in Myanmar, Sri Lanka and Thailand, including collection, development and co-ordination of digital content across all social media channels.
- Support ACCM Director and country teams to identify common issues across MST cluster for potential cross country campaigning.
- Be a focal point for the global campaign and other global or regional campaign requests concerning digital.
- Support ‘Reactive Campaigning’ in response to new incidents and events as required, in line with global and regional guidance with a focus on priority issues.
- Lead on developing relevant risk analyses for digital campaign strategies and initiatives as appropriate
- Request multimedia content from country teams to support digital channels.
- Support country offices to develop their own regular digital content and posting strategy.
- Build the capacity of country office teams to maximise the effectiveness of digital platforms for campaign purposes.
- Sign off on weekly social media content plans from country offices, raising any issues with ACCM Director.
- Lead digital marketing strategy to achieve significant audience growth across key digital channels
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration, salary expectations and notice period. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
Closing Date for Application: 21 July 2019
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Date advertised: 11 Jul 2019
Closing date: 21 Jul 2019 - 10:59 +06
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Department: Advocacy, Campaigns and Policy
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time