Global Education Cluster Knowledge Management Specialist
We are currently recruiting for a Knowledge Management Specialist, Global Education Cluster. Save the Children co-leads the Education cluster with UNICEF, which provides support to over 20-education clusters/EiE Working Groups that collectively coordinate education in emergency responses to over 13 million children.
In this role you will develop and implement best practice knowledge management systems and approaches provide advisory support to country clusters seeking to strengthen knowledge management at national and sub-national levels. This includes gathering, managing and sharing information, knowledge, lessons learnt and good practices to enable Education Clusters to apply evidence based approaches and ensure the quality of education in emergencies services.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with the energy, commitment and talent to help ensure positive and lasting change in the lives of the most marginalised and vulnerable children.
In order to be successful you will be/bring:
- Several years of progressively senior and relevant professional work experience in education in emergencies and the formal humanitarian coordination system
- Strong interpersonal, networking and communications skills (both written and verbal). The capacity to deliver high quality outputs for external representation and the ability to tailor communications to different audiences
- Experience in developing and implementing knowledge management strategies and approaches
- Experience of implementing education in emergencies programming, in both natural disaster and conflict affected contexts
- A demonstrable ability to work effectively with specialists from multiple technical disciplines and with stakeholders at global, national and sub-national level
- Knowledge of best standards and practices in knowledge management and education in emergencies; and knowledge of the cluster system, including recent trends and developments
- Experience of working in inter-agency contexts with governments, UN, NGOs, donors and other partners
- The ability to travel overseas as required (up to 15%), including flexibility and willingness to travel to countries in crisis situations.
- A proactive and solution orientated approach, able to use initiative to see opportunities to achieve the objectives of this role and the cluster
- Fluency in English and at least one of the following: Arabic, French or Spanish.
This role could be based in any existing Save the Children location. National terms and conditions apply.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a cover letter and up-to-date CV with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. Please visit our website for a copy of the full Job Description: https://www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Date advertised: 23 May 2019
Closing date: 24 Jun 2019 - 04:59 +06
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Department: Programme Operations
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time