Head of Information Security and Data Protection
We are currently recruiting for a Head of Information Security and Data Protection to take us to the next level and provide increased assurance of our risk management across a complex, global, matrix organization; including systems, processes, users and IT suppliers.
This is a hands on operational role, which also requires you to lead on the vision and create structured, multi-year, strategic plans to deliver the roadmap and enable the provision of assurance to the business. You’ll manage a small, dispersed team and work closely with the countries and regions, as well as key stakeholders in London, to ensure grounded impact assessments and the delivery of innovative, practical enhancements.
In order to be successful you will bring/be:
- Substantial experience of working in an IT Security leadership role
- Experience of working with globally distributed IT teams
- Experience of assessing IT security risks and designing practical and cost effective action plans to mitigate them.
- A demonstrable capacity to build and maintain excellent relations and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment, respecting diversity
- An evidenced ability to build credibility quickly and communicate with impact; including demonstrable experience of influencing at director and senior management level
- Experience of ‘field operations’ and the IT Security-related issues associated with working in remote, inhospitable and insecure environments is helpful
- A strong understanding of/willingness to learn key trends in international and humanitarian development and how technology can and is being utilised to support these developments
This roles offers a competitive salary given the context of this sector. Benefits include a company pension scheme, life assurance, and 30 days annual leave.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach your CV and cover letter with your application. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Date advertised: 17 May 2019
Closing date: 24 Jun 2019 - 04:59 +06
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Department: Information Technology
Type: PermanentSchedule: Full-time